The Village Medical's policies have been set out to allow us to better serve our patients, to enable ease of flow, and to ensure both physician's and patient's valuable times are respected. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
The Village Medical physicians and staff are kind, compassionate, approachable, and down-to-earth. We strive to maintain an inviting, warm environment and culture at the clinic on a daily basis. Our aspiration is that our patients, in return, act in a kind, courteous, and respectful manner to all clinic staff.
We do not permit any verbal abuse on the telephone or in person.
Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.
"We must all take responsibility for the energy we bring into the space".
ARRIVAL AT THE CLINIC
Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment start time.
This time allows you to fill out any appropriate forms, have the nurse complete any required vitals (for example blood pressure), and change clothing if necessary.
*** Please bring your Alberta Health Care Card to all visits ***
Our clinic team always endeavors to keep on schedule. We value your time and patience however we are a medical clinic and medical emergencies do occur that are beyond our control. Your understanding is always appreciated.
UPDATED PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please provide our clinic staff an update regarding any changes related to your contact information including address, phone number, email address and emergency contact information.
We protect your personal health information with great care. If a third party such as family, insurance companies or lawyers require your medical information, you will be asked to provide written authorization for the release of any of your relevant medical records.
Due to the nature of prescription medications, our physicians value the importance of frequent monitoring of contraindications (when it is inadvisable to prescribe a particular drug), side effects and appropriateness
We therefore do not provide prescription refills by telephone. If you are running low on a prescription, you may request the pharmacist for a limited supply until you see a physician in the clinic for your refill. We thank you for your cooperation.
We understand that, on occasion, unforeseen circumstances can occur. If, for example, a patient has gone into labor, they will not be charged a no-show fee. However, if a patient does not show up for a scheduled appointment and does not provide at least 24 hours advanced notice, the patient will be charged the full price of the visit. A bill will be sent to the patients address with the expectation that the bill is paid prior to any subsequent appointments. This policy is in place out of respect to the physician's time lost not providing care to another patient. We thank you for your understanding.
As courtesy to other patients, if you arrive late, your appointment will be shortened to the remainder of the original
If you are more than 10 minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule.
A physician may still choose to accommodate you if they are able, but this is decided on a case-by-case basis.
WAITING ROOM ETIQUETTE
We welcome all patients to our clinic and want you to feel comfortable while you are waiting to be seen. We kindly request patients to respect others by following some basic waiting room etiquette:
• Please be respectful of other peoples space.
• Please DO NOT leave your children unattended in the waiting area.
• Please ensure your kids do not climb or jump on the furniture.
• Please kindly do not block or allow children to play by the entrance.
• Please refrain from laying across the furniture so that other patients are able to be seated.
• Please kindly turn off the sound on your electronic devices.
• Please kindly keep your belongings with you.
Please note, our clinic complies with the Alberta Medical Association Uninsured Services Fee Guide. For further details please click here
• Missed regular appointment: $35 - $55
• Missed physical appointment: $135
• Missed IUD, Menopause, Pelvic Floor, Weight Management consult appointments: $175
• Drivers medical: $120 - $150
• Lost prescription/Requisition: $10
• Work note/Sick note/Brief medical note: $10 - 20
• Massage Therapy and/or Physiotherapy note: $10
• Short/Long term disability insurance forms: $50+
• Vaccination administration: $25
• Aesthetic mole removal: $100
• Transfer of medical records/Chart copy: $25 and $0.25 per page*
• Wart removal (aesthetics purposes - not medically required) by liquid nitrogen or cantharone: $50
• Wart removal (genital, plantar, actinic keratoses, pre-cancerous lesions) by liquid nitrogen or
• Disabled parking authorization form: $60
• Blue Cross special authorization form: $55
• Telephone prescription renewal request: $55
* Please note that charges can vary.